Fast and efficient rebate management software
e-Bate is the world’s first SaaS based Rebate and Revenue Management Platform. e-Bate has been designed to handle your end-to-end rebate and revenue management processes, no matter how simple or complex.
By providing a central, automated place for deal information, contracts and agreements, e-Bate removes risk of:
- Mistakes caused by human error and Excel spreadsheets
- Improves auditability and control
By transforming your current rebate process, e-Bate can provide a return on investment after just 6 months.
The best app to streamline and automate your rebate process
e-Bate is a fast, efficient and accurate software solution that allows businesses to streamline and automate their rebate process. After several iterations as a bespoke platform, we’ve taken the best of what we’ve learned and developed a modular ‘out of the box’ solution which makes it much more cost effective for our customers.
Whether you’re a buyer or a supplier, e-Bate ensures you pay / recover revenue and can clearly see the effect on your profitability / margins.
● Create and store complex rebate agreements
● Feeds in transactional data to calculate rebates due or owing
● Accrue the financial liability
● Pay or recover the rebate value
● View rebate position from the centralised dashboard
● Aides negotiation of purchases and drives rebate thresholds
● Track and analyse effectiveness of rebates in real time
What are rebates?
A rebate is a return of a portion of a purchase price by a seller to a buyer, usually on the purchase of a specified quantity, or value of goods within a specified period. Unlike a discount (which is deducted in advance of payment), rebate is given after the payment of full invoice amount.Organisations collect, process and manage endless amounts of data, typically in spreadsheets, to manage their rebates.
Key rebate facts
- Typically greater than 5% of rebates calculated using spreadsheets are incorrect, leading to missed revenue opportunities or unnecessary over spend
- Customers will only alert you to under payments not over payments
- There is a disconnect between supply chain and finance when agreeing rebates
Research shows there are billions of pounds of unclaimed revenue across all industries due to inefficient rebate processes.
Revenue management software features & benefits
e-Bate is the UKs only end-to-end rebate management tool on the market
- Rebate management
- Revenue management
- Deal approval and workflow
- Document management
- ERP Integration
- Master Data Management
- Forecasting and Modelling
- BI Integration
- Incoming rebates
- Outgoing rebates
- Audit and compliance.
- Bespoke add-ons if required
Rebate Processing and Workflow Management
- Web based application
- Customisable rebate types based on business rules
- Powerful calculation engine
- Accruals and authorised payment processes integrated with your Finance ERP
- Approval and authorisation workflow
User Roles and Permissions
- Customisable roles and access
- Control who can create, change and approve rebates and payments
Rebate Administration and Business Rules
- Business rules engine for rebate calculation management
- Set up for use in particular markets, customers, products or distribution channels
- Set rules that allow for different rebate amounts based on time, volumes, value and more
- Rules allow for additional validation such as maximum amounts and maximum quantity
- Adjustments can be made within the source data and retrospectively applied to rebates
- Cloud based hosting – Our SaaS deployment model speeds up implementation and reduces operating expenses
- On site or client data centre
- Expert advice and consultancy and installation support
Finance and Audit to ensure compliance of the process
- Full visibility of commercial rebates prior to payments
- Accurate accrual accounting
- Approval workflow for payments or charges
- Utilise data for scenario modelling, assisting in strategic decision making and improved forecasting of cash flow
- Simplified process to manage complex rebates online
- Reduce manual processing time of rebates
- Reduce Supplier, Buyer and finance queries
- Provide high level visibility and control
- Mitigate error risk in manual calculation, accruals and payments by eliminating manual activity
- Ensure compliance
- Robust auditable system that provides stakeholders with confidence
- Provide integration services for interfacing with your in-house ERP and BI solutions.
- View data in Excel
- Granular level data for forecasting and scenario planning
Benefits to Suppliers – Manage and calculate rebates owing
- Pay rebates based on live, actual activity
- Build stronger relationships with Buyers
- Incentivise Buyers to stay with you and reduce total cost of sales
- Encourage Buyers to buy more from you to activate higher rebate levels
- Leverage more spend of your other goods and services to attract higher rebates
- Accurate factual record of purchases and rebates for commercial negotiations
Benefits to Buyers – Manage and calculate rebates due
Buyers will use a rebate solution to provide supplier managed services, ie: you manage the agreed rebates on behalf of your suppliers, or to validate what is owing to them. The benefits to a Buyer are:
- Ensure you are being paid what is due
- Analyse rebate levels by supplier, goods and services, allowing you to effectively negotiate on commercial deals or consolidate your supply base for an increased rebate
- Single source to view all rebates including marketing/POS
Evolve also offer professional services to ensure any new software is effectively integrated into your business, ensuring stakeholder buy-in, improved processes and end user adoption.
How e-Bate works
Without e-Bate, many rebate deals and agreements are stored and maintained in numerous ways. When it comes to payments and accruals and reporting on how well the deals are performing, a contract stored in a Buyer’s drawer simply isn’t going to give you what you need… So the first thing e-Bate does is allow you to create electronic rebate agreements which it can store and reference in order to calculate the rebates themselves.
e-Bate’s calculation engine drives a rebate by referencing industry specific:
- Deal information
- Price management
- Customer information
- Sales invoices
These attributes are created, approved, maintained and stored centrally within e-Bate. The SAAS based system then delivers rebates owing, rebates due and calculates totals for accruals and payments.
Integration with your IT system
E-Bate integrates with your existing IT solutions to get master data including customers, products, locations and transactions. E-Bate then calculates what rebates are due/owing and how much they are for the purpose of accruals and payments.
Your current rebate management situation
You may be paying rebates to your customers based on sales volume: the more they buy, the more they earn. But, what if your pricing alters when customers buy in bulk – does the rebate stay the same? What if you want to incentivise customers to hit the next sales level – do you offer more rebate? What about if you have a new product line and you want to incentivise it, is this a different rebate level again?Rebates can also be applied at the point of sale, or retrospectively, and they could be multi-tiered… All these variable make tracking rebates incredibly difficult!
Tracking rebates efficiently can save you huge amounts of money: One of our customers had an estimated error rate on their rebate payments of between 25-30% which is not unheard of. But, they were paying out in the region of £30 million per annum in rebates. A 30% error rate like this is equivalent to £9 million!
Multiple deal owners
Rebates are usually negotiated at the beginning of a deal by commercial teams, then managed by someone else in finance, for instance. It’s rare that the original terms of the deal are checked or referred back to once the rebate has been running a while. It’s usually not proactively managed either. This means that payments are not kept up to date or checked and can be hard to trace.
e-Bate takes the headache out of rebates
e-Bate links your rebates directly to your finance system, allowing them to be automatically accrued every time a new invoice is raised, and tracked automatically. Doesn’t that sound like a lot less of a headache?
With e-Bate you can set up workflow approvals, so that if someone wants to make a change to a rebate, you can be sure it is seen and signed off by the right people first.
Importantly, e-Bate gives you full auditability of your rebates. It not only shows all the payments that have happened and are due to happen, but tracks changes to them as they happen, too.