We are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join the EVOLVE family.
- Must have: 3+ years experience in programming with Python
- You have a degree in computer science or equivalent training or are a career changer and can show reference projects
- Experience in the development of complex RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational database systems
- Knowledge of architectural paradigms and design patterns
- Experience with distributed systems
- English — Intermediate+
Will be a plus
- Experience with the use of Django/Flask
- Experience with DevOps (CI/CD pipelines, kubernetes, Cloud Providers)
- Experience in using UNIX / LINUX
- Experience with methods like Scrum and TDD
- German is a plus
- Opportunities for professional and career growth
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare insurance
- Challenging tasks and professional development, knowledge & best practice sharing
- Continuous development of processes (e.g. warehouse, buying, selling)
- Conception and improvement of our software architecture
- Close coordination with other development teams to continuously improve the momox backend
- Improvement of automatic QA software/infrastructure for external software
- Conception and implementation of migrations of services to the cloud
- After familiarization, participation in on-call duty is desired (paid)
About the project
The client we offer is the leading online re-commerce provider for books, CDs, DVDs/ Blu-rays, games and clothing in Europe. They offer a fast and easy way for people to sell and purchase pre-owned consumer goods. Based in Berlin, our client has launched their online trade-in service and the app for iOS and android where consumers in Germany, Austria, France, Belgium and United Kingdom can sell their stuff at fixed prices.
The app is by far the easiest way to sell books and media items that you have no use for anymore. Simply scan the barcodes with the app, see the current price our client offer and sell.
Founded in 2004 as Germany’s first re-commerce platform for pre-owned items, our client has grown to more than 1,900 employees at four locations with our headquarter in Berlin.
- Python 2/3 with Django and Celery
- CentOS, Debian, nginx, uWSGI
- Git and GitLab, Gitlab CI
- Windows, Microsoft SQL Server